Employment Law: Florida and Federal:
Today just about every aspect of work is affected by the law, whether it be at the State or Federal levels. Employment laws are complex and have a profound impact on most employment decisions. The laws help to guide and shape the relationship between the employer and employee, from hiring to termination.
She provides competent legal services in the following employment law areas:
- Employee Handbooks and Personnel Policies
- Independent Contractor issues
- Non-compete agreements and severance agreements
- Hiring, supervision, retention and training issues
- Wage practices
- Unemployment compensation
- Administrative Licensing issues
- Performance review and discipline
- Issues affecting the termination process
- Discrimination (race, age, disability, pregnancy, etc.)
Ms. Diaz handles litigation as well as mediation and negotiated settlements in the employment law area. Attorney Diaz has extensive experience in conflict resolution in the employment arena. Ms. Diaz offers an initial consultation at a reduced hourly rate to review the particular needs of the client. You will meet with the attorney not a paralegal to discuss your issue. Ms. Diaz focuses her practice in Pasco, Pinellas and Hernando Counties.
Check out the most recent blog posts on Tips for Employers which will help the employer navigate through the employment law area.